Equivalent to a 28-135mm lens, this EF-S lens brings true wide-angle to tele coverage to Canon EOS digital SLRs. It has Canon's Image Stabilization system, allowing safe hand-holding at speeds up to three stops slower than otherwise possible. A ring-type USM means both fast and silent AF, as well as full-time manual focus when in the AF mode.
- 17 - 85mm; 1:4-5.6
- Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 78° 30' - 18° 25'
- Focus Adjustment: Inner focusing system with focusing cam
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.35m - 1.15 ft.
- Zoom System: Ring USM
- Filter Size: 67mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 78.5 x 92mm, 475g