This is an all round 11.1x zoom lens, ideal for dedicated amateurs, and semi professionals to use for countless situations and occasions, such as landscape, architecture, portrait, wedding, wildlife, holidays, expeditions and general travel photography. It is therefore also ideal for news- and press photographers. With a zoom range of 27-300mm (35mm equiv.) the user does not need to carry multiple lenses and therefore can it be seen as the perfect total package. On top of this the lens is equipped with "VR II" the second generation of Nikon's VR technology that enables the lens to shoot 4 stops slower (instead of 3 stops with the former VR system), ideal for shooting in low light conditions and/or without a tripod.
- The first lens in the industry that has a VR II system that enables the lens to shoot 4 stops slower instead of 3
- Offers the broad 18-200mm focal range (11.1x zoom) (equivalent to a 27-300mm lens in 35mm format)
- Designed exclusively for use with Nikon digital SLR cameras and is not compatible with 35mm  or IX240 format film cameras
- 2 ED glass and 3 aspherical lens elements minimize chromatic aberration, astigmatism and other forms of distortion, while ensuring high resolution and contrast
- Incorporates a compact SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet and fast focusing
- M/A mode for rapid switching between Autofocus and Manual focus operation
- The Internal Focusing (IF) design enables the use of circular polarizing filters
- Employs a 7-blade rounded diaphragm opening that achieves a natural blur for out-of-focus elements
- High-grade Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) offers superb colour reproduction while minimizing ghosting and flare.