Large sensor, low noise
A 16.0-megapixel Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Sensor means images will be cleaner and freer of noise than ever. With newly developed processing capabilities, the low-noise pixel area and the low-noise circuit are combined, resulting in a noise level of less than one third of a conventional sensor.
The Venus Engine VI FHD, incorporating the image processing technology Advanced Intelligent Resolution and Intelligent D-range Control, allows beautiful photos and high-definition movies to be captured with superior signal processing. You can take clear, high resolution photography even at high ISO sensitivity levels, without the bleeding of colours.
The LUMIX G3 has the world’s fastest pinpoint auto focus speed (as of 12 May 2011) approximately 0.1 seconds. A wide range of AF modes are available, including multiple-area AF with up to 23 focus areas, Face Detection, and AF Tracking meaning the LUMIX G3 can lock onto any subject and keep it in focus even if it moves.
Crystal clear high speed action
The LUMIX G3’s burst shooting capability has been improved to make sure you get the perfect image, even of a fast-moving subject. With up to 4 fps capability in 16.0-megapixel resolution and 20 fps at 4.0 megapixels, the LUMIX G3 allows the ultimate action photography at high resolution.
Ultra-compact and lightweight
Weighing less than 340 grams and with an easy-to-handle grip, the LUMIX G3 lets you take memorable photos, wherever you are.
Rich detail definition
With the Advanced Intelligent Resolution technology, three areas; outlines, detailed texture areas and soft gradation areas, are automatically detected. Outlines are enhanced to give more clearly defined edges, while emphasising more highly textured areas of the image. The Venus Engine VI FHD also provides selective noise reduction to the outline, to let it have more naturally-balanced curve without any deterioration in resolution.
Full HD Movie quality
The quality advances of the LUMIX G3 are not restricted to still photos. The camera lets you record Full HD movies. Long recording times and intuitive controls help you create perfect movies with ease. The LUMIX G3’s 16.0-megapixel sensor means the camera can record in Full HD AVCHD 1920 x 1080, 50i, producing higher quality movies with minimal noise.
Due to the inter-picture prediction method for compression, the AVCHD format enjoys almost double the recording time compared to Motion JPEG. The Full-time AF and AF Tracking functionality allows you to take high-quality movies effortlessly. With just one touch of the screen, the LUMIX G3 locks on and automatically "tracks" the subject and keeps it in focus as it moves.
- Exposure Compensation: Yes
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Preset, White Balance Bracketing
- Metering Modes: Centre Weighted, Spot
- Audio Recording: Yes
- MegaPixel (Effective Resolution): 16 megapixels
- Megapixel Banding: 16 to 16.9 Megapixels
- Max Image Resolution: 4592 x 3448
- Monitor Size: 3.0"
- Sensor Size (WxH mm): 17.3 x 13.0 mm
- Auto Exposure Bracketing: Yes
- Video Out: PAL, NTSC
- Battery Compatibility Fitting: Panasonic DMW-BLD10E
- Focusing Modes: Continuous AF, Manual
- Charger Included: Yes
- Continuous Shooting Speed (fps): 4 fps (16MP)
- ISO Speed Range: 160 - 6400
- Connection Type: USB 2.0
- Weight (g): 544
- Built in Flash: Yes
- Exposure Modes: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual
- Compatible storage media (card not supplied): SDXC, SD Card, SDHC Card
- Lens Fitting: Micro Four Thirds
- Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm: 115.2 x 83.6 x 46.7mm
- Movie Mode: Yes (with Sound)
- Model: g3