Packing the power of a quality digital SLR inside a slim and stylish metal compact body, the NEX5 is equipped with 14.2 megapixels for exceptional quality prints, Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor for enhanced colour and contrast, ISO 200-12800 for superior results in low light and Auto HDR with D-Range Optimiser for added clarity. Includes a handy tilting 3” LCD for clear framing and review from any angle and captures full 1080p high definition movies in AVCHD.
Large High Resolution Sensor
- 14.2 megapixels for exceptional quality prints
- True Digital SLR image quality in a compact body
- Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor boosts image performance
- ISO 200-12800 for superior results in low light
- Auto HDR and D-Range Optimiser for added clarity
- Tilting 3” LCD for clear framing from any angle
- Captures full 1080 high definition movies in AVCHD
The NEX-5’s large APS-C sized image sensor gives clear, low noise images, ideal for HD. The Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor gives a richly detailed 14.2 megapixel resolution which can produce enlargements of poster size. Also incorporated is a Dual Anti-Dust System, which will keep your sensor clear and free from marks.
Detachable E-Lens System
Offering the flexibility of digital SLR cameras with its interchangeable lenses, the NEX-5 can also accept Alpha “A-System” lenses with a separately available adapter.
Easy to Use
Although offering fantastic image quality and creativity, the NEX-5 is remarkably straightforward to use with its on-screen interface, jog dial and one-handed adjustment. When needed, there’s on-screen shooting tips too.
The Sony NEX-5 features their popular Sweep Panorama mode but with more besides. It also records the panorama in 3-D to be played back on forthcoming Sony 3-D TVs!
Full HD Movie and High Speed Burst
Features full 1080i AVCHD High Definition Movie recording with stereo sound for truly stunning movie quality. One-touch recording makes it easy to quickly switch to movies. A HDMI port allows you to connect to your HD-Ready TV with an optional cable; PhotoTV HD Mode gives optimised viewing on Sony Bravia TVs and it is also BraviaSync compatible. Action sequences of still photos at frame rates of up to 7fps can be taken too.
High Speed 25-point Autofocus
The intelligent system employed on this camera automatically analyses scene information before shooting so that it effectively anticipates where to focus.
Background Defocus Control
Using the jog control dial you can manually adjust the blurring of background detail. This can be used in addition to the natural defocusing effect of lenses at wider apertures.
Multiple Exposure Features
Two very useful modes are used as a result of the camera inelligently combining more than one exposure into an image:
- Auto HDR – Combines three images with different exposure settings to produce a single image with boosted contrast (bright highlights and deep shadows but without losing detail in these areas)
- Handheld Twilight Mode – Uses six exposures combined together, avoiding long shutter speeds and also the image noise you’d get from shooting a single image with a fast shutter speed
- SteadyShot image stabilisation with compatible lenses
- 10x Precision Digital Zoom
- BIONZ Image Processor
- 3.0” Tilting LCD Monitor with TruBlack technology for high contrast and 921k dot resolution for clear previews
- Face Detection for focus, exposure and white balance
- Smile Shutter – fires when your subject smiles
- D-Range Optimizer – prevents washed-out highlights and blocked-out shadows
- 6 Creative Styles for a range of image finishing options