The SP AF 17-35mm F/2.8-4 Di is TAMRON's new ultra-wide zoom lens featuring 'SP*' and 'Di**' designations.
This zoom lens covers an ultra-wide focal length of 17mm considered ideal for Digital SLR use. Since most Digital SLRs have 'APS-C sized imagers', the angle of view is narrower than that of conventional SLRs making the typical wide end of wideangle zooms insufficient for many applications.
SP*: 'Super Performance' - a line of high performance lenses featuring high design specifications.
Di**: 'Digitally Integrated Design' - the designation Tamron puts on lenses featuring optical systems designed to meet the performance characteristics of digital SLR cameras.
- High quality images by virtue of Di (Digitally Integrated Design) technology, the optical system designed to meet the performance characteristics of digital cameras, the lens lets you take high quality pictures with Digital, as well as conventional, SLRs.
- Attractive and useful focal length, 17-35mm - This new lens provides a desirable 'ultra wide' focal length that is useful for conventional SLR photography and acts as 'Wide-to-Standard Zoom' equivalent to 28-55mm (in case of APS-C size image sensor) for interchangeable Digital SLRs.
- M.O.D. (Minimum Object Distance) 30cm throughout the range. Maximum Magnification Ratio of 1:5.4 at the 35mm setting at 30cm (M.O.D.), this ultra wide-angle zoom enables you to take dramatic close-up shots.
- Fast maximum aperture of F/2.8 at the wideangle end - The 17-35mm Di features a maximum open aperture of F/2.8 at the 17mm setting, providing you with the advantage of shooting in dimly-lit conditions and helping to prevent camera-shake that leads to blurred subjects.
- &, spherical aberrations and other aberrations have been effectively corrected and eliminated through the use of large compound Aspherical elements, enabling high-definition pictures at any focal length. Moreover, colour aberrations characteristic of wideangle lenses have been diminished through the use of an LD element.