This is a true fisheye lens when used with 35mm film and full size CCD sensors giving a full 180 degree diagonal field of view. If used with smaller CCD cameras on most current digital SLRs it will still give a very wide angle though less than 180 dregrees.
Digital and film compatible
The DG range from Sigma is designed to work with full 35mm film frame and smaller CCD sensors. The special arrangement on DG lenses ensures that light hitting the CCD sensor suffers as little internal reflection within the sensor as possible meaning that recorded images will be clearer.
The minimum shooting distance of 15cm allows great opportunities for exciting perspective in closeup images, giving excellent depth of field coupled with a wide field of view.
Gelatin Filter Holder
This lens is supplied with a gelatin filter holder at the rear, allowing the use of gelatin filters.
- Lens Construction: 7 Elements in 6 Groups
- Angle of View: 180 degrees (for 24x36mm frame)
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 7
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 15cm
- Maximum Magnification: 1:3.8
- Filter Size: Rear (Gelatin Filter)
- Dimensions: Diameter 73.5mm X Length 65mm
- Weight: 370g