The AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED is a high-performance telephoto zoom lens which incorporates Nikon's most advanced features.
The lens features Nikon’s Extra Low Dispersion (ED) glass, Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and enhanced Vibration Reduction (VRII) to ensure the best images. Optics have also been perfected for use with both Nikon DX format digital and 35mm film SLR cameras.
The Zoom-Nikkor lens offers 70-300mm (4.3x) zoom performance, and is suitable for various telephoto shooting opportunities, particularly in sports, nature and wildlife photography. When used with a Nikon DX format digital SLR, the picture angle is equivalent to what would be experienced with a 105-450mm lens on a 35mm.
SLR Advanced Nikon engineering has given rise to a compact lightweight lens design that offers outstanding optical performance and excellent handling characteristics.
- Focal length: 70 - 300 mm.
- Equiv. FOV: 105 - 450 mm equiv. FOV on a DX format digital SLR.
- Maximum aperture: F4.5 (W) - F5.6 (T).
- Minimum aperture: F32 (W) - F40 (T).
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups; 2 ED glass elements.
- Picture angle: 34°20’ - 8°10’; 22°50’ - 5°20’ with Nikon DX Format.
- Minimum focus range: 1.5 m (4.9 ft) throughout the zoom range.
- Attachment size: 67 mm.
- Dimensions: 80 x 143.5 mm.
- Weight: 725g.