Canon EOS 1000D
With a 10.1 megapixel sensor and technology shared with Canon’s professional models, the great value Canon EOS 1000D offers amazing power and precision in an entry level digital SLR camera.
At the heart of the Canon EOS 1000D is the cutting edge DIGIC III processor for speedy start-up and operation and supports a range of ultra-handy photographic functions to make taking great pictures easy.
For example, the 1000D’s seven-point wide-area autofocus (AF) function means crystal-clear capturing of off-centre subjects has never been easier. Meanwhile, 3.5 frames per second shooting allows a continuous burst of large JPEG images for breathtaking action shots – a 2GB memory card lets you shoot up to 514 pictures without a pause.
Superbly detailed images can be enlarged considerably without any reduction in image quality, thanks to the EOS-1000D’s 10.1 megapixel sensor.
Images are also kept blemish free, thanks to the EOS Integrated Cleaning System, which employs specialist materials to repel dust particles and a Self-Cleaning Sensor Unit which shakes dust from the sensor when the camera is turned on and off.
The EOS-1000D features a large 2.5” LCD screen for easy framing and review of images, while a large, bright viewfinder allows framing even in bright conditions.
At the time of release, the 1000D was Canon’s smallest and lightest EOS camera, weighing just 450 grams. Its size and design for comfortable handling means the 1000-D is perfect for taking on trips, holidays and long weekends.
- Megapixel Banding: 10 to 10.9 Megapixels
- Monitor Size: 2.5"
- AC Adapter Fitting: Canon ACKE5
- Bag/Case size (not supplied): Lowepro Topload Zoom Mini, Canon EH19L
- Remote Compatibility Type: Canon RS-60E3
- Grip & Power Attachment Fitting (Optional Acc.): Canon BG-E5
- Battery Compatibility Fitting: Canon LP-E5
- MegaPixel (Effective Resolution): 10.1 Megapixel
- Sensor Size (WxH mm): 22.2 x 14.8mm (CMOS)
- Max Image Resolution: 3888x2592 pixels
- Lens Mount : Canon EF, Canon EF-S
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.6x
- Compatible storage media (card not supplied): SD Card, SDHC Card
- Max Consecutive Shots: 514 (JPEG) or 5 at 1.5pfs in RAW
- Continuous Shooting Speed (fps): 3fps (JPEG)
- Exposure Modes: Program, Aperture Priority, Picture Modes, Shutter Priority, Manual
- Battery Fitting Type: Li-ion LP-E5
- Metering Modes: Evaluative, Partial Metering, Centre Weighted, Colour Matrix
- ISO Speed Range: 100-1600
- Exposure Compensation: Yes
- Auto Exposure Bracketing: Yes
- Flash Modes: E-TTL
- Built in Flash: Yes
- Connection Type: USB 2.0
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Manual, Preset, White Balance Bracketing, Custom
- Depth of Field Preview: Yes
- Focusing Modes: One-shot AF, AI Servo AF, Continuous AF, Manual
- Audio Recording: No
- Flash Sync Socket: No
- Movie Mode: No
- Operating System: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X
- Tripod Thread: Yes
- Video Out: PAL, NTSC
- Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm: 126.1 x 97.5 x 61.9 mm
- Weight (g): 450