The Nikon D700 digital SLR camera is ideal for professional or serious amateur photographers seeking a high-grade camera for a great value price.
A powerhouse among SLR digital cameras, the ‘brains’ behind the Nikon D700 is its EXPEED image processor, which ensures finely detailed images, great colour and lightning-quick response times.
Superbly detailed images can be enlarged considerably without any reduction in quality thanks to the Nikon D700’s 12.1 megapixel FX (full-frame) sensor.
Live View with autofocus allows image composition using the 3” LCD screen and is backed up by the D700’s 51-point AF (autofocus) system, which offers outstanding accuracy even in low light.
Add to this an impressive ISO range of 200-6400 and the Nikon D 700 can handle low light conditions without worrying about graininess ruining image quality, while Advanced Scene Recognition System helps employ just the right settings for crystal clarity in any situation.
Even the awkward conditions sunny days can cause present no problem for this digital SLR camera. The Active D-Lighting system reproduces details in areas of highlight and shadow to give a truer view of what the human eye can see.
Capturing top-notch, fast-action sequences is also handled skilfully by the Nikon D700, which can shoot continuously at five frames per second, increasing to eight frames per second with an optional MB-D10 battery pack.
The camera’s self-cleaning sensor unit minimises dust to prevent annoying specs appearing in pictures, while the rugged moisture and dust resistant body makes Nikon D700 suitable for digital photography in a range of weather conditions and environments.
The D700 has a handy HDMI output for convenient connection to an HD television.
- 12.1 megapixel FX (full-frame) CMOS sensor with high signal-to-noise ratio, wide dynamic range, and built-in self-cleaning sensor unit that minimizes dust.
- ISO 200 – 6400: extendable up to 25600 (equivalent) and down to ISO 100 (equivalent).
- 5fps continuous shooting (8fps with optional MB-D10 battery pack using lithium-ion battery EN-EL4a or 8 AA batteries).
- EXPEED image processing engine with 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb detail and tonal gradation.
- Advanced Scene Recognition System combines the camera’s metering and AF sensors for precise exposures and sharply defined images.
- Multi-CAM3500FX 51-point AF system. Individually selectable or configurable in 9-point, 21-point and 51-point coverage settings.
- Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing by enabling the pre-set customization of image parameters such as sharpening, contrast, brightness, hue and saturation in various colour modes.
- 920,000 dot 3-inch VGA LCD monitor with wide, 170-degree viewing angle.
- Live View with Autofocus enables composition of images by use of the LCD monitor. Two modes are supported: Handheld or Tripod.
- DX Crop Mode can be automatically enabled when a DX format lens is attached.
- Quick response: approx. 40 ms shutter-lag.
Active D-Lighting enables superior high-contrast images by automatically applying tone compensation at the moment of capture.
- HDMI video output interface enables connection to high-definition video systems.
- Intuitive ergonomics with optimized button placement for fast and comfortable handling
- Durable, portable and rugged Magnesium alloy body: moisture and dust resistant.
- Wireless LAN and Ethernet support via optional Wireless Transmitter WT-4.