The Nikon AF-S 18-105mm
is a 5.8x zoom lens designed exclusively for use with Nikon’s DX-format cameras. It features Nikon’s VR image stabilization and is perfect for portraits and action. It has also been designed to be an ideal partner to the D90 digital SLR.
High quality optics and performance
This lens's built-in Vibration Reduction II system provides the equivalent of a shutter speed three stops faster than standard lenses, offering an extraordinarily high reproduction capacity. The high-performance optical system features a single ED glass element and one aspherical lens optimised for use for digital SLRs. This allows for high resolution, high contrast images, and minimising chromatic aberration. The ultra-compact built-in Silent Wave Motor ensures silent, fast and efficient autofocus operation.
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 11 groups (with one ED glas and one hybrid aspherical lens)
- Picture angle: 76° , 15°20’ (DX-format)
- Minimum focus distance: 0.45m
- Max. reproduction ratio: 0.2x (1/5)
- No. diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded)
- Focusing: Autofocus with built-in SWM and manual focus