Ideal for newcomers to digital SLR photography and more experienced photographers, the Nikon D3000 delivers great results without the need for fiddly and complex settings.
At the heart of the D3000 is Nikon’s EXPEED image processor, which ensures finely detailed images, great colour and lightning-quick response times.
Superbly detailed images can be enlarged considerably without any reduction in image quality, thanks to the D3000’s 10.2 megapixel sensor.
The Nikon D3000’s impressive high ISO range of 100-3200, coupled with faster shutter speeds, reduces the risk of blurred images when shooting moving subjects and enables clearer photos to be taken in low light.
With its intelligent Guide Mode, the D3000 does all the hard work for you to obtain brilliant images, meaning you don’t have to spend hours reading the user manual.
The D3000’s 11-point autofocus (AF) feature offers pin-sharp clarity across the frame, its three shooting scenario modes follow off-centre or moving subjects, while the six scene modes to take the guesswork out of tricky photo situations. A Scene Recognition System ensures the delivery of precise settings in a wide range of light conditions.
Awkward conditions sunny days can cause present no problems for this camera, thanks to Nikon’s Active D-Lighting technology which reproduces the details in areas of highlight and shadow to give a truer view of what the human eye can see.
Pictures are kept blemish-free, thanks to Nikon’s integrated dust reduction system.
And capturing top-notch fast-action sequences is a doddle, as the D3000 allows continuous shooting at three frames per second.
The Nikon D3000 features a large 3.0” LCD screen for easy framing and review of images - in-camera editing of photos is also possible, with edited files saved as separate files from the original picture.
All of these features are housed in a compact and lightweight body that is comfortable to hold, making the D3000 an ideal camera for trips, holidays and weekends away.
- Battery Compatibility Fitting: Nikon EN-EL9a
- Remote Compatibility Type: Nikon ML-L3
- Monitor Size: 3.0"
- Charger Included: Yes
- Bag/Case size (not supplied): Acme Slip, Acme Bowler, Acme Lunch Box, Rezo TLZ 20
- Megapixel Banding: 10 to 10.9 Megapixels
- MegaPixel (Effective Resolution): 10.2 Megapixels
- Max Image Resolution: 3872 x 2592 pixels
- Sensor Size (WxH mm): 23.6 x 15.8mm
- Lens Mount : Nikon AFS
- Compatible storage media (card not supplied): SD Card, SDHC Card
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.5x approx
- Continuous Shooting Speed (fps): Up to 3fps
- Battery Fitting Type: Li-ion EN-EL9a
- Exposure Modes: Program, Aperture Priority, Picture Modes, Shutter Priority, Manual
- Metering Modes: Centre Weighted, Spot, Colour Matrix
- ISO Speed Range: 100-3200
- Exposure Compensation: Yes
- Flash Modes: TTL, E-TTL
- Built in Flash: Yes
- Auto Exposure Bracketing: No
- Connection Type: USB 2.0
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Manual, Preset, Custom
- Depth of Field Preview: No
- Focusing Modes: One-shot AF, Continuous AF, Manual
- Flash Sync Socket: No
- Movie Mode: No
- Tripod Thread: Yes
- Video Out: PAL, NTSC
- Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm: 126 x 97 x 64mm
- Weight (g): 485