The stylish Fujifilm X-E3 is an ultra-compact, mirrorless camera featuring Fujifilm's 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor which boasts outstanding image quality and enhanced handling. Utilising the X-Processor Pro gives superb reproduction in both stills and 4K movies. The X-E3 is the first X Series model to feature Bluetooth low energy wireless communication. Users can pair the camera with their smartphone or tablet device for easy transfer of pictures taken using minimal power – perfect for sharing images with friends and online.
The X-E3 features a static touchscreen panel which supports the conventional Touch Shot, Touch AF and Focus Area Selection capabilities. An all-new Touch Function , which enables gesture controls reminiscent of smartphones, like flick and pinch zoom, to further enhance touchscreen operation. In addition, the AF algorithm has been updated to enhance the camera’s performance for tracking a moving subject.
Compact and lightweight body
Fuji have re-designed the camera body of the popular X-E2 to create the most compact and lightweight model within the X Series interchangeable lens camera range, with a viewfinder. The well-balanced proportions and the grip-shaped design make the camera incredibly comfortable to hold. The new model also supports the Focus Lever, a popular feature first introduced in the X-Pro2, allowing you to instantaneously change the focus area whilst keeping an eye on the viewfinder.
Outstanding image quality, high-speed response and upgraded AF tracking performance
The X-E3 features a 24.3 megapixel APS-C sized X-TransTM CMOS III sensor and X-Processor Pro image processing engine for outstanding image quality and high-speed response. The X-E3 features a large phase detection AF area and an updated algorithm to deliver a fastest AF speed of 0.06sec. The X-E3 also offers 5.0fps live-view shooting, a quick start-up time of 0.4sec., a shutter time lag of 0.050sec. and a shooting interval of 0.25sec. Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the X-E3 is able to track moving subjects twice as fast as previous models.
Enhanced connectivity with Bluetooth® wireless communication
This is the first X Series camera to offer Bluetooth capability. Pair it with your smartphone or tablet device, in advance of shooting, to easily transfer pictures you have taken to the smartphone or tablet device via the smart-device app, Fujifilm Camera Remote.
Upgraded intuitive touchscreen operation
The LCD monitor uses a high-resolution 1.04M dot, 3.0-inch static touchscreen panel display. Turning the Touch Panel Settings on allows the following operations during shooting and playback modes:
- Focus Area Selection: Move the focus point to the chosen position by tapping the LCD monitor.
- Touch Shot: Touch to focus on a specific point, then take the picture.
- Swipe Movement : Swiping a finger across the screen scrolls through the images, one after the other.
- Double-Tap Enlargement: Tapping the screen twice will enlarge the image, centering on the active focus point when the image was taken.
- Drag: Moving a finger across the screen when an image is enlarged will move it around the frame.
- Pinch out: Placing two fingers on the screen and widening the distance between them enlarges the image.
- Pinch in: While the image being displayed is enlarged, placing two fingers on the screen and narrowing the distance between them reduces the image size and displays the last 9 images.
- All the touchscreen functions are disabled when the “Touch Panel Settings” are turned off.
The camera also features the “Touch Function”, in which you can use flick motions in up – down and right – left directions to call pre-assigned functions. Use the drag motion on the touchscreen panel, even while keeping your eye on the EVF, to change the focus area location.
High resolution and high definition 4K video recording
The X-E3 is capable of recording both Full HD and 4K video using the X Series’ reputable Film Simulation modes. You can output recorded video to an external monitor, via the HDMI port, and input audio from an external microphone.