Nikon have introduced this lens with an innovative vibration-reduction system, to help combat the blurring that can occur when hand-holding long focal length lenses.Basics:
High-performance, high-power 5x (80-400mm) AF zoom lens with Vibration Reduction (VR) system
Vibration Reduction (VR) minimizes image blur caused by camera shake.
Two VR modes available:
1) Vibration Reduction for both the viewfinder image and the image on film. Moderate VR operation is executed to ensure viewing comfort for the viewfinder image.
2) VR for the image on the film only (conserves battery power)Main Features:
- VR operation can be canceled when not needed
- New optical design incorporates three ED glass elements for superior optical performance throughout the entire zoom range
- Rounded diaphragm opening (9 blades) is especially good for close-ups and portraits
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating offers superior color reproduction and minimizes ghost and flare
- Built-in A/M switch enables instant switching from autofocus to manual focus (Lock mechanism provided)
- Focus range limiter for smooth focus operation
- Detachable tripod mounting foot provided
- Filter attachment does not rotate during focusing or zooming.
- Focal length: 80mm to 400mm
- Maximum aperture: f/4.5 to f/5.6
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 11 groups (three ED glass elements)
- Focus distance: 2.3m/7.5ft. to infinity
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 1/4.8
- Focal length scale: 80mm, 105mm, 135mm, 200mm, 300mm, 400mm
- Zoom control: via zoom ring
- Aperture scale: f/4.5 to f/32
- Attachment size: 77mm
- Lens hood: HB-24 (supplied with product)
- Dimensions: Approx. 91mm dia. x 171mm or 3.6 in. dia x 6.7 in.
- Weight: Approx. 1,340g/47.3 oz. (1,210g/42.7 oz. without tripod mounting foot)