Sigmas 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 EX Aspherical DG DF provides an excellent 15mm ultra-wide angle to 30mm wide-angle focal length, one of the first of its kind.
This lens has minimum focusing distance of 30cm at all focal lengths with 110.5 degrees (wide) to 71.6 degrees (tele) angle of view. (Maximum magnification is 1:6.)
It incorporates a hybrid aspherical lens in the front lens group to minimize distortion and astigmatism, and molded glass aspherical lens in the rear lens group to minimize spherical aberration thus improving the clarity and sharpness of your images.
Also, the lens comes equipped with a dual focus mechanism and also inner focusing system. It is ergonmically designed and easy to hold, since the focusing ring does not rotate during auto focusing, and yet it provides adequate torque of the focusing ring during manual focusing the lens.
Sigmas 15-30mm f3.5-4.5 EX Aspherical DG DF has a new mechanical design which has six groups zoom system. This new mechanical design will minimize astigmatism for all focal lengths.
The iris diaphragm has 8 blades to obtain a fantastic, 'out focus' of image in the foreground and background.
If required this lens can be used on most digital SLR models. However the range of the lens will be slightly changed at approximately 22.5mm-45mmm on many models.
- Focal length: 15-30mm
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5-4.5
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 13 groups
- Focusing system: Internal Focusing
- Angle of view: 110.5°-71.6°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 8
- Minimum aperture: f/22-32
- Minimum focusing distance: 30cm
- Maximum magnification: 1:6
- Filter size: Rear (gelatin filter insert type)
- Lens hood: Petal shape hood (non-removable)
- Dimensions: 87mm (diameter) x 130mm (length)
- Weight: 615g