Super wide-angle lens with a large aperture of F1.8 and angle of view 94.5°. It has Macro focusing capability with a minimum focusing distance of 20cm/7.9inches (reproduction ratio 1:4). It incorporates an aspherical lens element in the front as well as rear lens groups, to minimize distortion, spherical aberration and astigmatism.
The lens has non-vignetting optical construction, in order to obtain adequate peripheral brightness with open aperture. This is especially desirable for digital cameras. The lens incorporates a rear focus system eliminating front lens rotation, thus allowing the use of a Perfect Hood and easy use of polarizing filters. The lens also incorporates dual-focus mechanism. It is easy to hold the lens, since the focusing ring does not rotate during auto-focus, yet it provides adequate focusing torque of the focusing ring during manual focusing of the lens.
- Lens construction: 13 elements in 11 groups
- Focusing system: Rear Focusing
- Angle of view: 94.5°
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Minimum focusing distance: 7.9 in. (20cm)
- Maximum magnification: 1:4
- Filter size: 82mm
- External finish: EX finish
- Lens hood: Perfect hood with Bayonet Mount
- Dimensions: 88.6mm (dia) x 87mm (length)
- Weight: 520g