Camera Jungle Photo Competition 2018
Camera Jungle Photo Competition 2018 Results Are In!
Camera Jungle’s 2018 photo competition received over 1,000 submissions. Thank you so much for all the participants!
It has been a really challenging task for our team of photographers to select the best photos for this year among all these fantastic photos. We are looking for work that not only demonstrates skills of the photographer but also shows outstanding creativity and originality.
The winners of this year's competition are:
First Place: Russ Tierney
Second Place: Guy Gumm
Joint 3rd Place: Simon Marlow
Joint 3rd Place: Simon Dowthwaite
First Prize: £300 Camera Jungle Vouchers
Second Prize: £200 Camera Jungle Vouchers
Third Prize: £100 Camera Jungle Vouchers
Entry is now open
|Post on our Facebook feed
|Tag with #camerajungle2018 on Instagram
Terms and Conditions
- To enter the competition you must submit up to two high resolution jpeg images by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org, uploading them to Camera Jungle’s Facebook page or tagging them with #camerajungle2018 on Instagram.
- The competition opens on 30th Aug 2018 and closes 30th Sept 2018. The winners will be announced in October 2018.
- Entrants can submit up to two images in total.
- Submitted images must be no bigger than 10MB.
- Please do not submit any images that are obscene, pornographic, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or which otherwise violate any local or international laws.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. If you are below the age of 18 you must send us written consent from your parent or guardian with your entry.
- You must be the copyright owner of any images submitted.
- The competition is open to UK residents only.
- By entering the competition you agree to the use of your name and image in Camera Jungle's publicity material and social media posts. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The competition is not open to employees or agencies of Camera Jungle, Jessops (Group) Ltd, their family members or anyone else connected to the competition.
- The judges’ decision is final and they do not enter into communication relating to entries.
- The photographer must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of photos entered in to the competition. Camera Jungle respects photographers rights and does not claim copyright for images you submit to this contest, you will retain full copyright in each entry. Whenever your image is published by Camera Jungle you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition.
- You own the copyright to your competition entry as its author. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third-party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use, must not include any trademarks, and must not show inappropriate or dangerous behaviour, or otherwise be obscene, defamatory, distasteful, offensive, or in breach of any applicable law or regulation, or in breach of any confidentiality obligations owed by you to third parties. If Camera Jungle has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions, then Camera Jungle may not consider it and may disqualify it.
- By entering this contest you agree that any images you submit may be used by Camera Jungle solely for the purpose of this contest or future contests and no other purpose, these uses include: displaying the entries on the Camera Jungle website and social media pages or in our showroom, displaying the entries in the Camera Jungle 2019 print calendar, promotion of the contests and the photographers, cropping and re-sizing the image as necessary to fit pre-defined formats for the competition.
- You hereby grant Camera Jungle a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each entry for the uses described in 1. above for 1 year following the date of announcement of the winner, thereafter the image may be used for archival purposes by Camera Jungle.
- You acknowledge your responsibility for protecting your entry against image misuse by third parties, by for example, but not limited to, the insertion of a watermark, retaining EXIF data. Camera Jungle can assume no responsibility and is not liable for any image misuse.
- Should any image uses beyond those needed for the contest arise you will be contacted and given the opportunity to negotiate any such usage with the parties concerned independently of the contest.