This 50mm f/2.8 EX DG lens has been optimised for use with Digital SLR cameras.
The MACRO 50mm F2.8 EX DG incorporates the very latest optical technology and is an ideal standard lens for digital SLR cameras. This advanced lens design corrects various aberrations and is specially coated to get the best colour balance, whilst cutting down ghost caused by reflections from the digital image sensor. It provides the utmost correction against lateral chromatic aberration which is a serious problem for digital SLR cameras.
The 50mm F2.8 EX DG incorporates a "Floating Internal Focusing" (FIF) system which enables this lens to photograph objects precisely not only at life-size reproduction but also at infinity. The lens has a minimum focusing distance of 18.9cm and is capable of true macro photography with a maximum magnification of 1:1.
This lens is equipped with a "Focus Limiter Switch" that limits the auto focus range, allowing the camera focus more quickly. This lens has a minimum aperture of F45 (for Sigma, Canon and Konica Minolta mounts) which produces a tremendous depth of field. A screw-in hood is included, for convenient use of circular polarizing filters. It is also possible to attach a 72mm filter in front of the lens hood.
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Minimum Aperture: F45 (for Sigma, Canon and Konica Minolta mounts) or F32 for Nikon and Pentax mounts
- Lens Construction: 10 Elements in 9 Groups
- Focusing System: Floating Internal Focusing
- Angle of View: 46.8°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 7pcs
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 18.9cm
- Maximum Magnification: 1:1
- Filter Size (diameter): 55mm
- Lens Hood: Screw-in type hood
- Dimensions: Diameter 71.4mm x Length 64.0mm
- Weight: 315g