The powerful, 10.2MP, feature-packed Nikon D200 is a high-precision, high-performance Digital SLR that bridges the gap between entry-level and professional cameras. The D200 combines the solid look and feel and advanced camera operation of Nikon's D2 professional series with the approved user-friendliness and stunning image quality.
Solid look and feel
The D200 boasts a lightweight, yet durable and robust magnesium alloy body and an advanced sealing system that protects the camera from moisture and dust, making it suitable for a range of rigorous and challenging assignments.
The D200's camera operation boasts more than 40 well organised custom settings, so it is ideally suited to the user's needs and preferences. The large, bright viewfinder offers a great 0,94x magnification and 95% frame coverage both horizontally and vertically to guarantee exceptionally detailed viewing control.
2.5" LCD screen
A 2.5 inch high resolution LCD screen provides an ultra-wide 170" viewing angle from all directions. Images on the D200 can be magnified by up to 400% so users can check for fine detail, adding to the rich and varied experience.
The top LCD panel contains a wealth of data such as shooting mode, battery condition, card information, gridline display, shutter speed, F stop and shots remaining. A colour-coded menu display facilitates easy viewing, supported by intuitive keywords to assist speedy navigation.
The D200 is ideal for capturing unexpected or fleeting moments, thanks to the 0.15 second power-up, a speedy shutter lag time of just 50 milliseconds and a shortened viewfinder blackout time of 105 milliseconds.
The D200 is also capable of ultra high-speed continuous shooting of five frames per second, capturing up to 37 pictures in JPEG or 22 in RAW format. A highly flexible Multi - CAM1000 Autofocus features a pinpoint 11-area AF system inherited from Nikon D2 series as well as a 7-wide area AF to focus on larger moving objects easily.
A fundamental feature of the D200 is a newly developed 10.2 effective megapixel Nikon DX Format CCD image sensor that captures high level sharpness and colour at 3,872 x 2,592 pixels size - delivering the right resolution to support significant image enlargements and enable greater freedom for creative cropping. The highly sensitive new sensor covers an ISO range from 100 - 1600, rising to 3200 in Hi-1.
High speed image processing guarantees fine colour gradations and smooth transitions. An Optical Low Pass Filter helps prevent moir", colour fringing and shifting to get even greater colours.
In addition, new image optimisation modes enable D200 users to produce results that more closely match their intended results, with the ability to optimise sharpening, tone and contrast, colour, saturation and hue in choices including Softer, Normal, More vivid, Portrait and Black and White in-camera.
At a glance:
- Durable magnesium body
- Adopts the advanced imaging processing engine of the D2X
- The advanced 10.2 megapixel DX format CCD sensor produces exceptionally detailed, high resolution images with pure, vivid colours, suitable for printing in large formats
- Newly developed 11-area AF system (same as the professional D2-series), which enables the photographer to select individual focus areas from 11-area wide and 7 wide-area AF
- 3D Colour Matrix Metering II (AE) with Nikon's 1,005-pixel RGB exposure/Colour Matrix Metering Sensor
- 2.5-in., 230,000-dot, low-temperature polysilicon TFT LCD Monitor with brightness adjustment
- Near instant power-up of 0.15 seconds. A mere 50-millisecond shutter time lag, and 105-millisecond viewfinder blackout time
- Connection possible to a GPS (Global Positioning System) unit via the optional available GPS Adapter Cord MC-35
- The camera comes with the high-energy EN-EL3e rechargeable lithium-ion battery (1,800 images on a single charge)
- The D200 is compatible with Nikon's Total Imaging System, including Nikkor lenses, i-TTL Speedlights, remote control, close-up photography and powerful software for practically all creative needs
- i-TTL Flash Control and 1/250 sec. Flash Sync. speed
- The viewfinder has a fixed eye-level pentaprism; built-in dioptre adjustment (-2.0 to +1.0m-1), an eyepoint of 19.5mm (-1.0m-1), a Viewfinder Frame Coverage of approx. 95% (&) and a Viewfinder Magnification of approx. 0.94x (with 50mm lens at infinity; -1.0m-1)
PLEASE NOTE: Image is for illustration only, the lens is not included.