The Nikon D60 is an easy-to-use, high-performance Digital SLR with 10.2 megapixel resolution... it's the perfect introduction to DSLR photography. You can point and shoot in Auto Mode or you can try one of its many options for more creative control.
3 fps continuous shooting lets you take up to 100 JPEG images, while the dust reduction system keeps dust away from the camera’s image sensors for clear, spot-free images. With a near-instant start-up time and a compact, lightweight body, the D60 is ready to take anywhere.
The following information is detailed on Nikon's website: http://www.nikon.com
(opens a new window)
- Compact body, ergonomically designed to fit in your hand naturally and comfortably
- Superior image quality thanks to 10.2 megapixels and Nikon’s exclusive EXPEED concept for high-quality enlargements, fine detail and smooth tonal reproduction
- Nikon Integrated Dust Reduction System includes original Airflow Control System and Image Sensor Cleaning for protection against dust
- Active D-Lighting automatically compensates highlighted or shadowy areas while you shoot, creating images with natural contrast– even in difficult lighting
Advanced three-point AF system offers fast, efficient and precise autofocus
- Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II for ideal exposures in almost any lighting situation
- Quick 0.19-second power-up to respond to every photographic opportunity
- Fast continuous shooting mode enables up to 100 JPEG images (FINE L-size or smaller) at 3 frames per second (the fastest frame rates can be achieved by choosing manual focus, rotating the mode dial to S or M and selecting a shutter speed of 1/250 s. or faster, using defaults for all other settings)
- A wide variety of Retouch Menus, including Quick Retouch, Stop-motion Movie and NEF (RAW) Processing to create duplicate images with amazing photo effects within the camera
- A large 2.5-in. LCD monitor with viewing angle of approx. 170 degrees in all directions
- Practical information display with choices of color variations in three formats: Classic, Graphic and Wallpaper. Can also be displayed in vertical position
- Handy assist images that help photographers select the right camera settings
- The new Eye Sensor turns off the LCD monitor automatically when you look through the viewfinder
- Bright and clear viewfinder with 0.8x magnification for precise composition
- Long-life rechargeable lithium-ion battery that allows up to 500 images* with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR on a single charge (*CIPA standards)
- Eight Digital Vari-Programs that adjust camera settings automatically for incredible scene-specific pictures
- Built-in flash with Nikon’s dependable i-TTL flash control
- Supports the Nikon Creative Lighting System when using the SB-800, SB-600, SB-400, SB-R200 or the Wireless Close-Up Speedlight system R1C1. Offers accurate exposures via i-TTL flash
- Included Nikon ViewNX software makes browsing and organizing your images easy
- Capture NX software (optional) for amazingly simple and creative photo editing, thanks to U Point technology, by Nik Software Inc.