Compact, lightweight and a wide magnification range - this standard zoom lens features a wide focal length range from normal to telephoto equivalent to 29-320mm in the 35mm format. It features an Optical Image Stabilizer for up to 4-stops of effective correction even at full zoom. Since Canon's optical image stabilization system is in the lens, not in the camera, you can see the stabilized, steadier images through the viewfinder. And the circular aperture can give beautiful background blur effects. In summary this wide zoom ratio EF-S lens delivers excellent high-speed performance at an affordable price.
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups, including UD-glass and aspherical lenses
- Diagonal Angle of View: 74° 20' - 7° 50' (with APS-C image sensors)
- Focus Adjustment: Gear-driven by DC monitor
- Closest Focusing Distance: 1.48 ft./0.45m (maximum close-up magnification 0.24x)
- Zoom System: 5-groups helical zoom (rotational angle 80°)