With its incredible ISO 51,200 sensitivity, this high end DSLR opens up a world of low light photography.
A shot in the Dark!
The Full 35mm frame Nikon D3s offers incredible light sensitivity with ISO levels of up to 12,800, extendible to 102,400 to be able to shoot handheld photos in virtual darkness.
Keep your images clean
Thanks to its automatic sensor cleaning system, the 12.1 Megapixel sensor of the D3s is protected against spoiled shots caused by dust.
D - Movie
This high end digital SLR can also record 720p HD movies at 24 frames per second. As an upgrade path, the D3s has a stereo microphone input too. Has Edit start/ stop and the ability to save selected frames. Also has AF Support in Tripod Mode.
Over its predecessor the D3, Nikon have succeeded in improving both focus speed and doubling the buffer memory so that the camera will always be ready and responsive to your photographic needs. For fast sequence shooting, speeds of 9 frames per second are attainable and even 11fps is possible in DX Crop Mode. In addition, the White Balance function has been further improved.
Image Quality and Options
Thanks to its 51-point MultiCAM3500FX autofocus system, the D3s is a precision tool. The dedicated EXPEED image processor ensures image quality is maintained and allows for in-camera RAW image processing. It uses 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing. The 12.1 Megapixel full frame sensor has DX, 1.2x and 5:4 crop modes to give a wide range of image recording options, while all your work can be easily viewed on the large (3.0") and clear (920,000 dot) LCD monitor.
Reduces the mirror noise on the camera for discrete shooting.
Kevlar and Carbon Fibre Shutter
This composite shutter is rated for 300,000 shots with a maximum speed of 1/8000 sec and sync at 1/250 sec.
Its strong magnesium alloy body is purpose built for continuous everyday use in a wide variety of environments.
When combined with the optional WT-4 wireless transmitter, the D3s is wireless LAN and Ethernet compatible.
- Charger Included: Yes
- AC Adapter Fitting: Nikon EH-6
- Monitor Size: 3.0"
- Remote Compatibility Type: Nikon WT-4
- Connection Leads & Cables Fitting Type: Nikon EG-D2 AV Cable, Nikon GP-1 GPS Module
- Battery Compatibility Fitting: Nikon EN-EL4 A
- Megapixel Banding: 12 to 12.9 Megapixels
- MegaPixel (Effective Resolution): 12.1 megapixels
- Sensor Size (WxH mm): 36.0 x 23.9mm
- Max Image Resolution: 4256 x 2832 pixels
- Lens Mount : Nikon AFS , Nikon AFD
- Compatible storage media (card not supplied): CompactFlash, CompactFlash Type II
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: Full frame
- Compatible with MicroDrive: Yes
- Continuous Shooting Speed (fps): 9fps (full resolution), 11fps (DX format)
- Exposure Modes: Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual
- Battery Fitting Type: EN-EL4A
- Metering Modes: Centre Weighted, Spot, Colour Matrix
- ISO Speed Range: 100-102400
- Exposure Compensation: Yes
- Flash Modes: TTL, E-TTL
- Auto Exposure Bracketing: Yes
- Built in Flash: No
- Connection Type: HDMI, USB 2.0
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Manual, Preset, White Balance Bracketing, Custom
- Depth of Field Preview: Yes
- Focusing Modes: One-shot AF, Continuous AF, Manual
- Audio Recording: Yes
- Flash Sync Socket: Yes
- Movie Mode: Yes (with Sound)
- Tripod Thread: Yes
- Video Out: HDMI, PAL, NTSC
- Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm: 195.5 x 157 x 87.5mm
- Weight (g): 1240