With the SB-910 Professional flashgun, Nikon have managed to create a powerful lighting tool that can be used on or off-camera which has control, intelligence and great usability. For example as well as zooming you can even choose the illumination pattern depending on subject type.
The SB910 is part of the i-TTL (Intelligent TTL) flash range and intelligently combines with the camera’s metering system to give the correct output. It also detects what format (frame size) camera you are using from FX and DX Formats. The automatic zoom range covers 17-200mm in focal length which can be extended to 14mm with the built-in diffuser. The SB 910 will automatically adjust the camera’s colour temperature to accommodate any flash filter being used. As usual for high end flash, there is AF Assist Illumination and there are 19 Customizable Settings.
The SB-910 is designed specifically for professional use and is full of nice touches that just make the whole process more efficient. One example is the large LCD Screen with clear menus and illuminated buttons for easy operation in low light - how many times have you found yourself struggling with fiddly buttons in a dark room? Another example is the choice of Standard, Even and Centre Weighted illumination patterns – because not all subjects are the same. If you are using Nickel Hydride batteries you can expect a recycle time of as little as 2.3 seconds.
- 180° swivel in either direction and -7° to 90° bounce
- +/- 3.0EV Compensation
- Thermal Protection System – warns you of potential overheating during intensive use
- Upgradeable firmware
- Can be used as part of multi-flash system (Nikon Creative Lighting System)
- Locking Shoe
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 78.5 x 145 x 113mm
- Weight: 510g approx with batteries included
- Included Accessories (if pictured): AS-21 stand, SW-13H diffusion dome, Fluorescent and Incandescent filters SZ-2FL and SZ-2TN, Soft Case SS-910