The Canon EOS 1200D is an easy-to-use DSLR that's packed with creative technology. It's compact & lightweight and is portable enough to take anywhere. The successor to the best selling Canon EOS 1100D, the EOS 1200D features 18 megapixel resolution, full HD video shooting, built-in Feature Guide plus an app that explains the basics of photography.
High quality photos & movies
Shoot beautiful 18-megapixel photos that are packed with rich detail and natural colours, and capture the mood of any occasion. Crop, rotate and reframe images without compromising on quality, and create large prints up to A2 in size – perfect for framing at home. Full HD movies have a professional look and feel that looks great played back on your home HDTV.
The EOS 1200D combines Canon's world class imaging system with a range of intuitive, easy-to-use controls. Together with Canon's EOS Companion app, capturing images is easier and more enjoyable than ever before.
EOS 1200D Companion app
The official Canon EOS Companion app shows you how to get the most from your EOS 1200D. Use an interactive button guide to learn about the camera’s functions, while step-by-step exercises help you shoot confidently out of Auto mode. Video tutorials introduce the basics of photography with helpful techniques, and if you’re looking for inspiration, photo challenges will encourage you to think creatively. Free to download for iPhone, iPad or Android devises.
- A button guide teaches you about the EOS 1200D’s controls
- Explore the basics of DSLR photography with video tutorials
- Learn how to apply principles of photography with step-by-step exercises
- Find solutions to common photographic problems
- Be inspired by photo challenges
- Free to download for iPhone, iPad or Android devises
Full HD Movies
It's as easy to shoot movies with the EOS 1200D as it is to shoot photos. Just select movie mode on the camera's mode dial and press the start/stop button to begin recording the sights and the sounds around you in Full HD.
Easily create simple stories with Video Snapshot mode, which records short clips of 2, 4, or 8 seconds that can be played back together as a video slideshow in camera or on your home computer.
Capture details and ambience, even in dark conditions
When light levels get low the EOS 1200D boosts its sensitivity to light so your pictures stay sharp and you can reduce the need to use flash. Shooting with ambient light is a great way of capturing the atmosphere of an occasion, and remaining discreet.
Easy-to-use with EOS Companion app
Shooting with a DSLR doesn’t have to be complicated. In addition to the EOS 1200D’s built-in Feature Guide, which explains the camera’s functions using plain and simple language, is EOS Companion – a smartphone app that explains the basics of photography, and how to get started with your new EOS camera. Use EOS Companion to explore the features and functions of the camera, discover new tips and tricks, and learn how to deal with tricky photographic situations.
Scene Intelligent Auto mode
When you compose a photograph using the EOS 1200D the camera analyses the scene too, looking for brightness, colour and the presence of movement and faces. This information is used to set the most appropriate camera settings for the scene, whether it’s a detail-packed landscape or fast-moving action.
Use one of five Creative filters to add a personal touch to your photography, including Grainy Black & White to Toy Camera and Fish Eye effect.
- Capture high quality photos and movies
- Get detail and ambience, even in dark conditions
- Easy-to-use with Feature Guide and EOS Companion app
- Scene Intelligent Auto picks camera settings, making great photography easy
- Tell your story with Full HD movies and Video Snapshot mode
- Create impact - make your subject stand out against a blurred background
- Compose and frame your subject through a responsive optical viewfinder
- Be artistic with Creative filters
- Review your images on a bright 7.5cm (3”) LCD screen